Tuesday, January 16, 2007

And I'm hungry like a wolf

Given the hour I probably should have referenced something with a little more of a night theme for the title, but when time pasts midnight I keep thinking hour of the wolf, which gives me the idea hungry like a wolf, and that is an awesome song!!! Oh yeah!!! So I'm tired, unhealthy, depressed with nothing to do and I'm denying my body sleep still. Why? Why you might ask? Why, oh why might you ask? Because I have a number of things to do tommorow and as long as I'm staying in this night I don't have to face them. There are 4 hours until daybreak, and probably another 2 hours before anyone expects you do to do anything, that seems like an eternity right now. An eternity spent in peace without responsibility, except the worry of the next day hangs over every minute and your body continues to turn against you. And I do need to go to sleep, but I'm not sure I'll be able to do what I need to tommorow, and if I don't? Then what? Then what you might ask? Well, plenty of things could happen. My mind could rally and I could repair all damage by the day after tommorow, or my mind could fail and I could kill myself. Faced with such prospects it just seems safer to delay and postpone. I don't have anything greatly enjoyable planned that I can find in the next day anyways so why go forward, except that I must and truth be told, tommorow in all likely-hood will be a good day and more enjoyable than staying up into the wee, wee, wee hours of the night. And so I must go to sleep.

I think of it and time seems on my side right now, it stretches before me infinitely allowing this period of relative calm and peace to last forever, and tommorow time will be pushing me from event to event like a pinball. Still, tommorow is where I must go, and it is where I want to go, and so with great sorrow I must say goodbye to the night and all the wolves, hungry or not, who dwell in this hour.

No comments: