Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Where I go I just don't know, I might end up somewhere in Mexico

I can't say things are going bad, and I can't say I'm mad but I can't help but be a leetle beet sad.

Ah maybe that's overstating things, and maybe it's just a matter of my usual nightly depression slump. But still my mind turns to that old Red Hot Chilli peppers song referenced in the title. I suppose it's a matter of the timing of a bunch of stressful things starting to come together after a period of relative relaxation. This is something that can't really be avoided since a period of time either has a largish number of stressful items or a smallish number of stressful items and it's hard to maintain things so that it's constantly one or the other.

But I can't help but feel a little scared. Because right now my life could become so much better, if I just play my cards right. But I suppose... well if I'm honest with myself, my life's not that bad right now, especially if I take my meds and put some hard work on keeping my mind intact. And so any bonus to my life would just add to the good, so no matter how little I actually get of the opportunities to make my life better, it'll still probably be fine.

Yeah, I think I'm going to be fine.

Afterall, I've got God on my side.

Anyways, for a bonus for my faithful readers (especially since I didn't post yesterday and am posting rather late today) (although how many of you are actually faithful to me, really?) I'm giving you some bits from a bio I did for work.

1. I'm currently enrolled at Rutgers University, although I will graduate in May 2008 and I am not planning on grad school. I am a History major with a Math and Computer Science minor.

2. Teaching SAT review (least for the Princeton Review (this is a webpost-only comment not actually part of the bio I sent them)) is a well-paying job with a flexible schedule which has allowed me to interact with fun people, both co-workers and students, in an easy-going environment. But also important to me is the fact that I can get a sense of satisfaction from helping my students improve their SAT scores. It's nice to feel like you might have helped a kid get into a better school or maybe even helped a student get a scholarship.

3. I dream of being able to write for a new Star Trek series, and I believe Jean-Luc Picard is the best captain of the Enterprise.

4. While I was born in Minnesota, my parents come from Kerala, a state on the southern tip of India. It is a gorgeous area with a climate actually similar to a rain forest and if you know where to go you can find elephants, monkeys, snakes, and even an occasional mongoose. I try to visit my parents' areas every couple years to stay in touch with relatives especially my grandmother.

5. I like to write in my spare time, mostly short stories and a blog. I try to read a good deal and I enjoy watching tv and movies. I also enjoy biking and playing poker. I am also an avid fan of sleeping.

And here's a photo of yours truly: (ain't I gorgeous?)

No comments: