Friday, December 14, 2007

The Savagely Long Night of ___________________

(I previously had this post using my full name, but because of the whole companies searching for my name to check me out and then reacting badly to the medical/mental stuff here, I had to take it out. It sucks, it's not how things, but F-ing A-, that's the way the world is.)

I was a little iffy on using this title after using The Very Long Night of Londo Mollari for a previous post and I was also worried that it would sound too whiny but now that I see it I'm pretty satisfied with it. I think the key to using the title was using the word "Savagely" and my full name (I'm not sure if most of you have ever seen my middle name Zacheriah, it's actually sounded out something like Zuck-er-ee-ah and for a long time I didn't know how to spell or pronounce it, but it's still a nice name (it belonged to my maternal grandfather, although he spelled it differently, in a more confusing way that was part of the reason I had so much trouble remembering the real spelling)).

Anyways, I meant to write this yesterday, but I was incredibly sleepy and so I went to sleep at 9 and woke up at 9:30. I say that to reflect how savagely long the nights of this last week have actually been. Essentially all the days and nights of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday morning-evening merged into one night. I had 3 final projects and I ended up sleeping never more than 5 hours a night with the sleeping being designed as more like naps between work. My eating was severely curtailed as I didn't want to leave my room to stop working, usually I only ate tons of junk food from the vending machines. I showered rarely, brushed rarely, and overall stretched my physical and actually also mental health until it nearly snapped. But that's over now. You can enter into a work-focused state like that every now and then, but if you want to avoid snappage eventually you need to stop.

But once again, now that's done, well for now. I still have two finals, and they will require mad amounts of studying, but that shouldn't be insanely stressful.

So now WINTER BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: