Sunday, September 2, 2007

Zebras eat fruit too

So my first pick of 5 awesome songs to share with you oh so unworthy people, but who I love so much, it makes my heart ache, it really does, or does not, either way here's so songs and song-related stuff-a-ma-gigs.

Awesome songs (not my favorites, in no particular order but still completely awesome):

1. Unforgiven by Metallica - From the Black Album - Metallica's ode to resigned and complete rage and desperation
Lyrics

Metallica's video

Unforgiven AMV- anime : Record of Lodoss War- I chose to embed this one because this is one of the first AMV (anime music video)'s I saw, and it still is one of my favorites. Perfectly captures the song and the anime.


2.Electrical Storm by U2 - From The Best of 1990-2000 - Excellent, undervalued song. It's from the a best of album but it is actually only found there which is probably why it's undervalued. Beautiful line - "You're in my mind all of the time, I know it's not enough."
Lyrics

U2's video- I love how this video projects such immense atmosphere that captures romance but also a sadness and struggle.


Electrical Storm AMV- anime : Serial Experiments Lain - I like this video though I'm unsure (and by unsure I mean I'm unsure) how well it works with Serial Experiments Lain. Still I haven't seen that many videos with Serial Experiments Lain before, and it is a great anime.

3. Welcome to the Black Parade by My Chemical Romance - From The Black Parade - Odd song, perhaps that's it's charm. Complex, lyrically interesting, deep and it's got enough quality to pull the whole thing off. Also I thought I should include something new for you emo-heads.
Lyrics

My Chemical Romance's video


Welcome to the Black Parade AMV - anime: Fullmetal Alchemist - Anime is perhaps a little too spot on for very specific lyrics, the protagonist has serious father issues, but it does go with the dual tones of the song, and it overall provides some nice visuals.

4. Still Waiting by Sum41 - From Does This Look Infected? Album - The song that showed Sum41 had a lot more depth than the average punk-pop band and a hell of a lot more anger than their earlier singles. Perfect undirected, everywhere directed anger.
Lyrics

Sum41's video

Still Waiting AMV - anime : Samurai Champloo - Given that both characters are mad at the world so this anime has a nice fit. I think I'm not alone in that assessment since a lot of people seem to have made AMV's with this video. This AMV in particular focuses mostly on the fighting motions, beautiful in this anime, than the more atmospheric pieces of it, which perhaps is good since that allows it to be pissed as hell without being melodramatic.


5. I'm Going to Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers - From Sunshine on the Leith Album - Let's end on a sweet and happy note. Beautiful, cute, lovely song full of energy and feeling and just great. It really captures that overpowering, often stupid, desire to do anything you can for the one you love.
Lyrics

The Proclaimer's video

I'm Going to Be (500 Miles) AMV - anime : Ranma 1/2 - Another old video from my youth. But given Ryoga's feelings, it goes perfectly with him. I always wished Ryoga ended up with Akane instead of Ranma, but I always knew that couldn't happen. Still Ryoga's overwhelming feelings, just like the songs, just marvelous.


That's all for now. It actually took me a lot longer than I thought, but I doubt I'll have any time for any more given my busy moving schedule today. So take it to your head, take it to your heart and remember Rand rocks. Goodnight Folks!

No comments: