Thursday, February 14, 2008

In the end, it's St. Valentine's Day again

St. Valentine's Day always brings up a lot of feelings for me. And there's a lot I can say about it. Yet much of what I want to say about it, old and new, I have said elsewhere. Perhaps it's cheating a little to direct you elsewhere, but perhaps given all the complicated feelings with this holiday I don't necessarily want to deal with, I deserve a little cheating.

So let me direct you to some writings of mine:

Here's the St.Valentine's Day post I did last year, and the post of the day before Valentine's which I think was inflected by the Valentine's Day mood.

Here's my History webpost's session on Valentine's Day.

And here's my Math webpost's session on St. Valentine's Day.

Now I will depart
For my feelings of today I will not start
And if I am being lazy
Well, otherwise I would still be hazy
And if that's what you prefer
Well, other days I would concur
But today
I say no
No more shall I say
Except have a good night
On this St. Valentine's Day

So take it to your head, take it to your heart and remember Rand rocks. Goodnight Folks!

No comments: