Sunday, April 6, 2008

Poetry, oh sweet poetry

So for some time now I have been pretty shy about using my poems for posts. There are a couple reasons for this.


  • Firstly, I haven't been spending too much effort on perfecting my poems lately and I like to only put out finish products of my writings outside of blog posts (which I feel to some degree are finished in the posting).


  • Secondly, I've been worried that if I put my stuff out there people might steal bits, ie. copyright issues and such.


  • Thirdly, I've been concerned that magazines and such might frown on me putting my stuff online.


  • Fourthly, I've been trying to keep this essentially a blog (although for a long time I tried to argue the term webpost was better) and so I didn't want it to just become a poetry collection or for me to use poetry posting as a crutch.



Well all of those concerns now seem like unfounded and relatively silly fears, so I've decided to start putting some poetry online again and if it comes to be a problem, I can always take it off.

So it has been said, so let it be done!

No comments: