Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Quotable, boatable, John

I think perhaps it has come time to if not lighten up the atmosphere a little bit, at least I should tangentilize the atmosphere a little bit, because I am a wild tangent, ready to rock your world, etc., etc. (you know etc. usually means and all else in the same manner but I'm not sure you really know what else follows the same manner as I am a wild tangent, ready to rock your world, well too bad, you BUMMMMMMMS!!!!!)

Anywho, or any moo for that matter, I thought in that spirit I'd give you some quotes of various peoples and peoplenesses for a little break in the flow of things as it were (so much of what I have just said is absolute nonsense, so very, very much nonsense, anyways, here's some quotes):

Freedom is a possession of inestimable value. - Cicero, a great sentiment, but I think I could probably find sometime a better quote

"History drives her lovers mad,"-Rand

"And so does your face,"-Rand

"No—Gatsby turned out all right at the end; it is what preyed on Gatsby, what foul dust floated in the wake of his dreams that temporarily closed out my interest in the abortive sorrows and short-winded elations of men."

"Everyone suspects himself of at least one of the cardinal virtues, and this is mine: I am one of the few honest people that I have ever known."

"I'm... too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

"Gatsby believed in the green light, the orgiastic future that year by year recedes before us. It eluded us then, but that's no matter - tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther … And one fine morning -

So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

"One of the teachers of the law came and heard them debating. Noticing that Jesus had given them a good answer, he asked him, 'Of all the commandments, which is the most important?'

'The most important one,' answered Jesus, 'is this: 'Hear, O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is one. Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these.'" - The Gospel according to Mark, Chapter 12

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."- 1 Corinthians 13, St. Paul

"If you were x, I would be x squared over 2, because I want to be the area beneath your curves."-TE

"I shall rule the world!"-Rand

"I like to quote myself, because I'm just that awesome."-Rand

"I am Rand the mighty and glorious, and I am also might and glorious in a very mightly and gloriousily fashion. I AM RAND!" - Rand

No comments: