Thursday, June 11, 2009

Sooner or later everyone fails

Not a bright sentiment to start with. I can't say though that I'm feeling bright. But not too bad. Overall, just a little low, and a little disappointed on myself and things...

For example, my re-emergence into the world of blogging which fizzled quite immensely last month. Generally, lately, it seems that whenever I have a good spell, some crap storm breaks loose, I patch that up, and then I look back and see the rest of my life has been abandoned. And lately, it just seems like a matter of sooner or later...

(By the way, quoting above line from Scrubs, Episode: His Story, Wooo! Scrubs)

In the end, screw that!

Screw those depressing, self-pitying, waah-waah-waah feelings! Now I'm going to deny those feelings exist, nor am I going to penalize myself for them, but rather I say bah-humbug to depression and move on, or at least aspire to, for that dear friends, is false bravado.

But it is still distressing how often, especially within this last year or so, and most especially within the last few weeks or so, I have made determinations to change my life but then had those determinations fall apart. There is the temptation to declare hopelessness, but then again, if parts of my plans and strategies have fallen apart, parts have succeeded, and in some ways I am better off that I was say a year ago...

But all weighed, I dunno...

In the end it doesn't matter. One of the constants of life, is that things fail, always there are plans that happen to be a bit too grand. Yet there is some satisfaction in being the man who tries. After all, accomplishments crumble to dust, memories are forgotten, and we are all but dust in the wind, but if there is something beautiful to make of our lives, then the core of that beauty is the life itself, well lived, devoted to love, or if you will indulge a Christian, in the seeking, the finding, and the being found in Christ Jesus.

No comments: