Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Working in a Gold Mine, but all the shimmers must fade away

So I'm liking my job. It's a good job, the people are nice, they respect me, it's interesting, yada, yada, yada...

So on a moment to moment basis, I'm feeling a good deal better about my job situation. But there is still something bugging me. Well not something...

It is a small world, my job. I mean it actually deals with variables and items coming from all over the globe, and impacting people all over the, etc., etc., etc.

But the world of the office, it is very small. And just the world of web development just for this company, that's a very small canvas.

And yet, this job takes up time. I was half-debating whether or not to skip this and just get some sleep, but I knew had I done that I would wake up under the weather. (Ke-He-He-Hekel)

But this is actually a good deal greater of a canvas than I had previously, that is without a job. And as I learn to manager my time better, adjusting to things and not taking trains in the wrong direction (as I did today), I imagine I'll have more time for writing, and reading, and painting in all the colors of the rainbow! (because rainbows are cool)

But more importantly, this is not only a step up, it is a step toward more steps up, since it gives me some income, some experience and some nice skills. It might not be the ideal place to get those, but it's a pretty good place for that.

Yet I must be careful I imagine, it's easy to get drawn into things, daily tasks, responsibilities, and beyond any decision of ambition or non-ambition, choice of life paths, canvas sizes big, small, or javascript, there is a far more important choice one risks loosing.

The choice of whether or not to do the right thing. The choice of whether or not to follow the ways of the Lord. To get trapped in the trappings of well, the world, life I suppose, well, it can trap you, and cost you that most precious freedom of deciding for yourself whether or not to give your soul to the Lord. If that sounds like not a choice at all, it is because the right choice is so obvious, but we have that terrible and wondrous gift to make the wrong choice, but if we forget all about the choices we choose, and instead think only of that which we do, then our choice has already been made. And then our sentence is just, not handed down by a cruel God, but by our own foolishness which lets us fall away from God, who is in all the best parts of ourselves, who is all Goodness, and that my friends is Hell.

Well, I think I've just about covered the gambit from Gold Mines to Hell, so I think, dear readers, it is time for me to get some sleep.

So take it to your head, take it to your heart, and remember Rand rocks. Goodnight Folks!

And God Bless.

No comments: