Thursday, April 10, 2008

Songs still burn

So everyone, just so you don't here any wild rumors, I'm being indited for fraud in Australia. (Well it was either me or Bart (Bart vs. Australia))

But even as that takes up my time, there are still some songs burning in my head and so I needed to eat cheese.

But I'm going to share the songs with you anyways.

Here's a nice one from the indescribably talented Yoko Kanno and the Seatbelts.

Call me, Call me from Cowboy Bebop - Episode 23 - Hard Luck Woman (Here's the complete song, but I like sequence from the show immensely).

It goes out to a girl who I really wish would call me, despite the fact that I don't dare call her.

But there is one love I do have, and that's God's love, and one of the best songs that expresses this is this one.

Alive - POD

But what's been bugging me for a while is why. Why does God love me? What is his purpose for me?

Why do you love me? - Garbage

But whatever the mysterious plans of God, I know He is at my side, thus I need not fear, and thus the world ought watch out for the might and glory of Rand, even if I seem to be an underdog right now.

The Underdog - Spoon

Ah, but I can't pretend I don't got troubles, though with God's help I'll overcome them, I just got to keep pushing on and light up in my brain whenever my brain threatens to turn dark (Okay that transition made no sense, but perhaps a little nonsense was necessary to break up the pretentiousness. Oh the pretentiousness!), or maybe I'll keep moving along (Okay that's just a horrible transition, but sometimes transitions need to just transist, and that still makes no sense).

Run - Snow Patrol
Move Along - All-American Rejects

And while that's not all the music in my soul, that's a good amount to tide you over, my dear, dear readers, so take it to your head, take it to your heart, and remember Rand rocks. Goodnight Folks!

And God Bless!

No comments: